Dear SCPHA Members, Students and Public Health Professionals
We are pleased to open our Call for Abstracts for Poster Session only for our 2020 Annual Conference on April 21 - 23, 2020 at the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Ocean Front (formerly Springmaid Beach Resort) in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. SCPHA's Annual Conference has been an important opportunity for current, future, and retired public health professionals to share resources and information, as well as ideas and experiences from the field of public health. We are excited about this great educational and networking event.
This year's theme is "Building Communities Together - Creating Opportunities and Partnerships for Better Health" with a focus on collaborative opportunities for partnerships to address the complexities of public health issues in communities within the state of South Carolina. Proposals should focus on community-based programming and collaborative approaches to address public health issues in South Carolina within the following public health disciplines.
□ Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
□ Environmental Health
□ Epidemiology, Disease Control & Biostatistics
□ Health Administration
□ Health Education
□ Health & Human Services
□ Management Support
□ Public Health Nursing
□ Professional and Leadership Development
□ Public Health Social Work & Counseling
□ Public Health Preparedness
□ Public Health Student
□ Public Health Retirees
Eligible: Practitioners, Public Health Staff, College and University Staff and Students, as well as Community Members
The Call for Abstracts for Poster Session Only is open and will close on Friday, March 13, 2020
Abstracts will be assessed on their connection to the above conference theme or one of the topics above, especially practical applications, as well as overall quality of the work.
Basic Information for Submission:
• Title: 150 characters or less
• Author(s): Full name, and affiliations of all authors
• 3 Brief Objectives
• Abstract Paragraph (150 words or less): Presentation overview
• Brief Bio and Resume of Lead Author
• Credentials of all authors
• Conflicts of Interest: Please declare any potential conflicts of interest, including funding sources and the role of the funder.
Presentation Submission Information and Abbreviated Instructions:
- 1. Submissions must meet all the requirements and incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- 2. Presenters may not use any conference presentation to market products or services.
- 3. Poster exhibitors will be provided with a space to mount their posters. Presenters must bring their own method for securing their posters to the supplied area.
- 4. All presenters will be notified by March 20, 2020 if abstract for a poster presentation is accepted.
- 5. All presenters attending the full conference will need to register and submit a $100.00 speaker registration (reduced rate) fee (full conference), which will be due by March 27, 2020. No honoraria will be paid to presenters.
- 6. All presenters attending the day of their presentation will need to register and submit a $60.00 speaker registration (reduced rate) fee (one day only Tuesday or Wednesday), which will be due by March 27, 2020. No honoraria will be paid to presenters.
- 7. The conference is scheduled for April 21 – 22, 2020 from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and April 23, 2019 from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm.
- 8. Presentation boards will be provided.
Abstracts can be submitted at the following link: https://form.jotform.com/200507884415152
SCPHA Program Review Committee